Diana Zwibach MA RCA (Diana Cvibah)
Diana Zwibach spent her early childhood in Novi Sad Serbia where she was born in 1948. At the age of 11 she moved to Africa and later in her late teens moved to the Middle East, graduating with BA honours at Bezalel Art Academy.
In 1971 she was awarded a national art scholarship to further her studies in London.
In 1972 she received a post graduate diploma in Printmaking at Chelsea School of Art and a MA in Painting at The Royal College of Art in 1974. Since 1975 she has lived and worked as a professional artist in the North of England, exhibiting worldwide.
Her work has been exhibited in twenty-two solo exhibitions and many more collaborative exhibitions.
Zwibach’s work is mainly figurative, anthropomorphic and organic, and generally deals with the human condition within its socio-political, topographical and geographical perspective.
Her works are distinguished by their complex and dramatic narratives which take both real and imagined stories as their source material. Zwibach develops the narratives through an organic approach to painting and printmaking the figures change fluidly to form an exciting and explosive colourful crescendo.
The figures and the meaning formulate and disintegrate, creating their own symmetry and symbolism.
The very nature of creation and destruction exists under the layers of texture proposing both the mental and physical with expressions of connectedness and disjunction.
The method is an autobiographical approach incorporating personal experiences of natural surroundings, regional and personal dialects.
- 1971 BAhons Fine Art – Bezalel Academy of Arts & Design, Jerusalem.
- 1972 Higher Diploma – Print Making, Chelsea School of Art.
- 1974 Master of Arts – Painting – Royal College of Arts.
- Jerusalem Museum.
- Tel-Aviv Museum.
- Cunningham Museum – Scotland.
- Shirley MacLaine.
- Sir Charles Chlore.
- Micha Maisk.
- 2019 Holocaust Exhibition at St.Annes Synagogue
- 2017 – 2018 Summerhall Edinburgh
- 2016 Deerhart : Art of Poetry, PR1 Gallery UCLan
- 2015 – 2016 Summerhall, Edinburgh
- 2015 Murray Edwards College, New Hall Gallery, Cambridge
- 2015 The Dukes Gallery, Lancaster
- 2015 The Storey Gallery, Lancaster
- 2013 Mali Likovni Salon, Novi Sad, Serbia
- 2008 Out of the Day and into the Night – Firbob & Peacock Gallery, Knutsford
- 2008 House of Dreams – Gallery Vojvodjanska Bank, Novi Sad, Serbia
- 2000 Staircase Exhibition – Grundy Art Gallery, Blackpool
- 1999 Paintings from Croatia – Croatia Embassy, London
- 1998 Edinburgh Art Festival – St.Mary’s School
- 1998 Dubrovnik Art Festival
- 1997 Diana Febland Gallery, Blackpool
- 1995 Salford Art Gallery, Manchester
- 1994 ‘Doors’ Touring Exhibtion, Maclaurin Gallery, Ayre, Christopher Boyd Gallery, Galashields, Glasgow Vennel, Irvine, Smith Gallery, Stirling.
- 1991 Diana Febland Gallery, Blackpool
- 1986 Jerusalem Artist House Gallery, Jerusalem
- 1986 Yugoslav Cultural Club, London
- 1984 ZOA House, Tel Aviv
- 1978 Blackpool Grundy House Museum
- 1977 Zahler Gallery, Las Vegas
- 1977 Zahler Gallery, Los Angeles
- 1975 Valerie Michael Ange Gallery, Monte Carlo
- 1973 Ben Uri Gallery, London
- 2017 Diana Febland Gallery
- 2016 Oxheys Mill Studios Christmas Exhibition
- 2015 In The Open, New Hall Gallery, Cambridge. Part of Biennial conference on “Green Knowledge”
- 2014 Oxheys Mill Studios Christmas Exhibition
- 2014 2020 Print Touring Exhibition UK
- 2014 Maiden Bridge Gallery, Lancaster
- 2014 Journeys, Python Gallery, Bolton
- 2014 Traces, Duke’s Gallery, Lancaster
- 2013 Maiden Bridge Gallery, Lancaster
- 2012 PrintEssentials-Astley Hall, Coach House gallery, Chorley
- 2010 VAS Exhibition – RSA
- 2008 VAS Exhibition – RSA
- 2006 Art Link – Albert Hall, Stirling
- 2005 Ickenox Fine Art Exhibition, The Old Truman Brewery, London
- 2004 Spring Exhibition – Ben Uri Gallery, London
- 2002 Art Link – Sterling Museum
- 2000 Richard De Marco Foundation – Picker Gallery Kingston University
- 1999 VAS Exhibition – RSA
- 1999 Demarco Foundation Artists – Ruskin House Coniston Water, Cumbria
- 1998 Art Link – Sterling Museum
- 1997 SSA Exhibition – RSA Edinburgh
- 1996 Group Exhibition – Oxford Museum
- 1995 European Demarco Foundation – Edinburgh
- 1995 SSA Exhibition – RSA Edinburgh
- 1994 Resident Artists Exhibition – Grundy Art Gallery Blackpool
- 1994 An Alternative Vision – Thomson art Gallery, London
- 1994 SSA Exhibition – RSA Edinburgh
- 1994 European Demarco Foundation – Touring Exhibition Lithuania
- 1993 SSA Exhibition – RSA Edinburgh
- 1993 Bosnia-British Dialogue “Witness of Existance” Sarajevo
- 1992 LA AA International with Art Atelier International
- 1991 International Fair with Demarco Foundation – Olympia, London
- 1990 Richard De Marco Foundation – Bath Art Festival
- 1990 Richard De Marco Foundation – Design Centre, Islington London
- 1988 Art 88 Finalists – County & Regimental Museum, Preston
- 1987 Atlanta Playhouse Theatre Gallery 14th International Festival
- 1986 BBC North West Art Competition Finalist
- 1980 Local Artists Group Show – Accrington Museum, Accrington
- 1978 Group Show – Preston Harris Museum
- 1974 Graphics – Jerusalem Artists House, Jerusalem
- 1974 Summer Exhibition – Royal Academy
- 1973 Summer Exhibition – Royal Academy
- 1973 Graphic Art in Israel Today – Tel Aviv Museum
- 1972 Paolozzi’s Choice of London Post Grad Show – Greenwich Theatre
- 1972 British International Print Biennial, Bradford
- 1971 New Faces, Artists House, Tel Avi